Cleveland Botanical Garden guests are welcome to take photos and videos with phones or cameras for personal use. This includes social media posts. The photographs and films shall not be used for resale or personal promotion. Portrait and Life Event Photography sessions are also welcomed at the Cleveland Botanical Garden but require a reservation. Portrait and Life Event Photography are defined as, and subject to, the following:
- Life Event photography includes, but is not limited to, engagement, wedding, headshots, maternity, birthday, family, personal branding, and other celebratory photos.
- If you want to use Cleveland Botanical Garden as a backdrop/setting for Portrait or Life Event photography, you must purchase a photography reservation. This is a requirement even if your photographer is NOT a professional.
- Photography sessions may be purchased in advance or at the time of arrival. Please be aware that all photography sessions are subject to availability pending exhibits, high visitation, or private events.
- Tripods, light reflectors, and other large apparatus are not permitted for Portrait and Life Event Photography sessions.
- Outfit changes and props for Portrait and Life photography sessions are not permitted at the Cleveland Botanical Garden.
All photography and filming inside the Garden must comply with the law and meet commonly accepted standards of good taste.
Please make sure your photography and or filming does not interfere with the enjoyment of all Cleveland Botanical Garden visitors.
If you are interested in commercial and business video/photography, please call 216-707-2858. Advance arrangements are required.
Members of the media; pictures, video, as well as interviews with Garden staff and guests are most welcome! The Marketing and Communications Department at Cleveland Botanical Garden is happy to assist you. Please call 216.707.2837.