The theme of Glow 2019 is focused on the “home” and the glow that emanates from our dwellings, both physically and metaphorically, during the holiday season. Think of the warmth of your home during the winter season and create a delectable design. Any kind of home — whether it be in northeast Ohio, a log cabin in the woods, an igloo on the tundra, or a tree hollow where a squirrel would winter.
Glow 2019 will contain more gingerbread houses than ever! In order to accommodate more houses and to keep them looking fresh no matter when guests see the exhibit, there will be 2 sessions in which you can enter your house.
All entries will receive 2 general admission tickets valid through January 4, 2020. Be sure to visit Glow during your display session to see your work on exhibit!
Holden Forests & Gardens Gift Card Prizes for 2019
1ST PLACE: $200 | 2ND PLACE: $100 | 3RD PLACE: $50
Important Dates & Deadlines
Entry Deadline:: November 15
Drop Off: November 18
Display Dates: November 23-December 15
Notification of Prizes: November 30
Pick Up: December 16
Drop Off: December 16
Display Dates: December 17 – January 4
Notification of Prizes: December 21
Pick Up: January 6
Guidelines & Liability
- When signing up you will need to choose your session number and base size of: small (10” x 10”), medium (12” x 17”) or large (15” x 24”)
- There are a limited number of spaces for each session and size
- House must be received on a base that is between 1/4” – 3/4” thick (preferably plywood or substrate that will accept a screw for security purposes)
- The base should be painted, decorated to create a complementary scene, or covered with foil
- Drop Off and Pick Up location will be at the East Blvd. entrance between 8am – noon on designated dates
- Houses not picked up by noon on their designated Pick Up date will be discarded
- When dropping off your entry, the Entry Form must be included
- Entries will be judged on two categories: overall appearance and originality/creativity
- All rulings by the judges are independent and final
- Contestants may also provide a description of their theme and their inspiration, but this is not required
- Holden Forest & Gardens does not guarantee the safety or security of entries and cannot be held responsible for any damages incurred during the exhibition
Holden Forest & Gardens reserves the right to:
- Refuse any entry it deems inappropriate for display
- Photograph and use images of any or all entries for purposes of promotion
Click below for the gingerbread house entry form, which must be completed and dropped off with your gingerbread house.
For any questions please contact Robin Guerra at rguerra@holdenfg.